Published on September 18, 2021 | Last Updated September 20, 2021
There are some possible cons to using a VPN too. Here is a working list.
- VPNs can slow down your internet connection to varying degrees based on your VPN providers and/or existing ISP.
- VPNs can require an additional application to run and create more steps to connecting to the internet. This can lead to extra computing resources being used, and the subsequent effects.
- May be ineffective for adding additional security to (HTTP) websites (source – privacytools.io)
- Even using a VPN, your internet browser may still be able to track your browsing habits. A Tor Browser may help with this (source – privacytools.io)
- An additional cost to gain access to the internet, an efficient VPN will carry a subscription based fee.